Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hello

So, I don't have a weight update this week. I will weigh in again in another 2 weeks; it should be a good one as I have been putting in lots of time at the gym. It's funny, but my workouts have become one of the things that makes me at ease. It's hard to explain. Every time I write on here I try to be as positive as possible even in the face of tough times. To be perfectly honest, I hate my life. Not that my life isn't great; most of it is. I have a great job, a wonderful family, people who support me, good friends and I am on a journey that is pushing me beyond what I thought was possible. So, why am I so miserable? I don't even know, it's just the way it is. The only way I have found to escape it is to exercise as much as possible. I know this is probably depressing to the one person who actually reads these. :) It is nice to know that someone out there may feel the same as I do. That sometimes things are just hard and you want to feel depressed. It's not even true depression; it is loneliness. However, in my workouts, with or without my trainer, you find yourself part of this group of people who are going through the same type of struggle. It's a chance to have friends who are cheering for you and you get to cheer for them. It makes all the other things go away for a few hours. I am sure as I start to merge into the triathlon competitions that I will meet even more people who will accept me as an aspiring athlete, and I will join this elite group of people who are doing what they love and inspiring others as well. It's nice to be acknowledged for what I am trying to do rather then what I have done in the past. I know this probably doesn't make any sense, but I needed to vent today. Thanks for listening.

Mel

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's so hard. I've been running a lot lately because many things in life feel out of control (inability to find a job for one) and part of what keeps me moving is the fact that running is something I can be in control of. You are amazing Mel. You can do anything - I firmly believe that, and nothing you say or feel inside will ever convince me otherwise.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't weight loss such an up and down drama? The whole point is that through positive moods and depressing, you persevere. You're body will thank you when the positive mood comes around again! Plus, exercise is great for a mood that has gone sour. There is something (Someone?) wonderful in store for you, and good things come to those who wait. You're doing awesome, but I also understand those days when you just need to let out some confusing feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand how you are feeling. I have recently starting exercising again as well. And it seems like that is the only thing I can control in my life. In those workouts I can push myself and make myself feel so good. But in everything else I feel so lonely and like I can't control everything. Good luck with all of your weight loss goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda, you are amazing. Keep at it :D

    ReplyDelete