Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle

So, it has been a great week!!! Like I told you all last time, I had my weigh in on Friday. James put his hand over the numbers so I couldn't see them and then refused to tell me what it was until about 10 mins into our workout and then he just blurted it out; 226.8!! Hooray! Since I have started with him that is a 13 lb loss in just a few weeks. Now, that may not sound significant when you think of how much I was losing at the start of this journey, but what you don't realize is in the time that I have been training with James I have been doing my best to sabotage myself. I finally have put my trust in him and will do whatever he tells me to. Any of you looking for an awesome trainer who gets results this is the guy you want! He works me out hard, but he also inspires me to put in the extra effort needed to make great things happen. Can you believe that I will be competing in my first triathlon in March? Me? The girl who is so scared to do her cardio in front of people she has to run in the cardio cinema so no one can see her? It's crazy! I can't explain what James has done for me, not just physically either. Those of you who have lost weight know that it is an emotional journey as well. You learn things about yourself that you may not be prepared to deal with. That's what makes a great trainer, is someone who can address not just the physical obstacles, but the emotional ones as well. I hope that one day James will be able to help me become the kind of athlete I want to be. So far, it's looking good! :) Speaking of elite athletes; any of you who have not yet gone to James' fan page please do so. He needs our help to accomplish his world record journey next year. All you have to do is go to the fan page and "like" it. That's it! Then get all your friends to do the same. This is one of the simplest ways that we can be a part of his journey. http://www.facebook.com/ironcowboy Let's make it happen!!

Now that I have boosted James' ego enough let's talk about something else. I had a wonderful experience yesterday with my dad. As most of you know along with the weight loss I am attempting I am also going to school, and have a new job that is very demanding. It's been hard to balance everything and honestly I still have doubts that I can accomplish all my goals. I still have difficulty with failure, and at times I feel like I will fail......miserably. As I was getting ready to go to class Saturday morning my dad came in and was sitting down reading a book. Without any prompting he just says, "well I proud of you". I was kind of taken back and replied "for what?" "Just all you are doing. Your weight loss, going to school and the dedication that you give to everything". Those of you who know my dad know that he is a quiet spoken person. He just has a calm demeanor and a respect for others that is not overbearing. (Obviously I take more after my mom. :) ) It just went the world to me that he would say that. We all need to hear that our efforts aren't un-noticed and that we are appreciated. It was a very special moment. I don't think he even knows what it meant. Such a great weekend! I hope it keeps going. Thank you all for your love and support. Here's to another awesome week!!

Milly

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing updates on your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete