Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scales can be friendly. :)

Ok, I know that we have all done it. We get on the scale expecting a certain number to pop up and, low and behold, the wrong numbers show up. "How is that possible we think to ourselves?" I have been so good and worked so hard? Then, what do we do, we get mad at the scale! I have done this countless times. I think that number can't possibly be right and then immediatly get depressed. Well, I had a different experience this week; and I am curious to see if anyone else has had this happen to them. I had been having a pretty good week. The diet and exercise were right on track, I was a little sick toward the end of the week and I ate out with my parents three times. (I know.....scary!) The weight was up a little but went back down after some good effort at the gym. I didn't think my weigh in this week would be anything to shout from the rooftops, but I knew I would still be down. Well, I get on the scale this morning and I am shocked by what I see.......242.6!! I almost fell off the scale. I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time, so I ran to put them on and got back on the scale....it was the same. I thought, "no way, this scale is lying; except now it's lying on the down side. Is my scale teasing me?" So, I went to the gym and weighed there.....same result. I guess the scale can be our friend. :) That is a seven pound loss this week!! 2.80%. Amazing. I really hope for the same thing next week, but I am not going to count my chickens before they hatch. My dad was worried that I was starving myself, but trust me....I ate. It is all about preperation. When I ate out with my family I looked up the menu and nutritional information before we went. I knew what I was going to order and how I wanted it cooked before we even got to the restaurant. You can still have a life when you are on a diet; or rather when you are trying to make better lifestyle choices. So many places have their nutrtional information posted on their websites or even in the restaurant itself; you just have to ask for it. Some places even have a "light" menu or can make a meal "light style" for you. I plan my grocery shopping ahead of time. I custom meals for myself by reading the labels of foods and then putting them together in the right portions. It takes work and dedication, but the results are so worth it. Listen to me, I sound like a nutritional expert and I still am over 240 pounds. :) Actually, one thing that has helped me a lot (besides being involved in the healthcare field), is that I took a nutritional class a few semesters ago. It really brought some things into perspective for me and helped me understand my own body and how it reacts to food. I would highly recommend doing this just to gain more knowledge about what is good for your body and what will damage it. Well, here is to a great week. Hopefully there will only be good things to report next Wednesday. Until then......good night campers!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Melinda! It's so exciting to see positive results with all of that hard work.=) Hey, there's a competition that might interest you: http://www.doterra.com/tools/slimsassy/index.php The cut-off for the submit date is Feb. 28th, so you'd have to move fast to get your materials in. It looks like fun, and the prizes are pretty great, too- $1,000 cash, make-over, photo session, 3 spa treatments... Fb me if you're interested. In any case, keep up the good work! You're doing great.=)

    ReplyDelete