Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TA-DA!!!!

Ok, so this week I didn't think was going to be as great. I fell off the wagon, not horribly, but I was up a pound the next day! AAAARRRGGHHHH. I was so frustrated. I didn't want to get on the scale this morning and disappoint myself and those who are cheering for me. What is interesting about it, is that a month ago I would have just given up and said, "see, I am a failure, I can't do it". By stark contrast I got up the next morning and the next and the next and put in such intense workouts. I was willing to do whatever it took to get that pound back. I knew that I would still not lose as much as I had planned, but as long as I redeemed myself of my mistake it didn't really matter. A lot of diets out there tell you that you should take a "day-off" and maybe that works for some people, but not for me. One day off will ruin me. It's so hard for me to get back on "the plan", the next day. Besides, what I am doing is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. When I reach my goal, I won't just go back to how I lived before; that's what got me here in the first place. Anyway, I got up the morning and whith my heart in my throat I stepped on the scale. (I had a general idea of where I was going to be since I weigh everyday, but I was still nervous; since weight does shift from time to time). Well, I am now at 252.0 lbs!!! Can you believe it? That's a 1.94% loss! I am amazed. Oh, it feels so good. I could be in the 240's by the end of the week, if I keep this up. That would be amazing. Things are going well. I haven't noticed a huge change in the way my clothes fit, except that I am more comfortable in clothes that use to make every bluge show. But, I will be doing measurements this weekend and then we will see how many inches I have lost along with the pounds. I haven't watched this weeks Biggest Loser yet, so I am not sure how I measured up, but I bet I am competitive. Oh, what a great week. Now, I ned to not screw it up!! Thank you for all of your support that you are offering to me during this journey. I love reading your comments. You have no idea how much it means to me to know how supported I am. Love your guts!! :) Have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when you get a pleasant surprise on the scale? Best feeling! You are motivating me to get my butt in shape! Keep up the awesome work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on your way! Good job this week. BTW Biggest Loser was a pretty good one last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go--puts us all to shame! Just keep on truckin'! Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I love reading your progress. You have to be proud - we all are! :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a strong week. Keep it up, it only gets easier!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Melinda! You're amazing no matter what weight you are.

    ReplyDelete