Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Aftermath of vacation

So, it has been awhile since I last posted; I have a good excuse though. I have been on vacation in Hawaii for spring break. What a blast! It was so fun and to spend that time with my family was awesome. Some of them hadn't seen me in a long time and they could really see a difference in my apperance. That was one of the best moments of the vacation. However, being in a resort community has its drawbacks; one of them being a really relaxed atmosphere and really good (but bad for you) food. It could have been a lot worse; my parents had done their best to minimize the amount of snacky foods in our condo and tried to prepare dinners as healthier options. And when we ate at the condo that worked; however when we were out at the beach the only option are the shrimp shacks and tourist restaurants located all over the island. It was difficult to resist and sometimes I did well and some times....not so much. :( Top that off with traveling for two days just sitting in airplanes and airport it is not surprising that I gained 4 pounds. Yikes! So, I am back up to 240.4 but it is ok. I knew that my trip would be a challenge; the first real obsticle that I have come up against and I think I learned a lot and will be able to conquer this beast when I am faced with it again. So, back to hitting it hard and getting back down to 236.4

1 comment:

  1. 4 pounds is really not that bad considering the alternative! I usually gain about 7 whenever I go anywhere! Way to be on your vacation, you have to enjoy life (and a little bit of bad food too!).

    ReplyDelete