Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Ah......Spring.....or Not!

Well, it's been freezing cold here the past week! I woke up this morning and there was snow on my car......SNOW on memorial day. Crazy. It's been a rock and roll few weeks. I had surgery on my foot a week before I graduated school; that made for an interesting finals week. I couldn't move, drive, or even walk up the stairs very well. One of my finals was our lab practicum that requires us to scrub a mock surgery. (this is tough to do on crutches.....which they didn't let me use.) However, I performed at the top of my class and graduated with a 3.7 GPA. Sweet! Right after graduation....and I mean directly after, I got on a plane and headed to Florida. It was so much fun! I even got to ride around in a wheelchair. :) Most of the time I did walk, I just had to wear that stupid boot the whole time. With all that has been going on and my mobility limitations the weight loss has been slow or bouncing all over the scale. I am pleased to say that things have settled down a bit and I am back on track. So, bring on the summer sun, I am so ready for outdoor workouts!! What's new in everyone elses lives? I would love to hear your summer plans and what awesome things are happening!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a roller coaster for sure. Good job on doing so well in school! And good luck with the weight loss now that things have calmed down. I need to get on track for some weight loss myself...now that school's out and I have the summer to focus on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having time really does make a difference! Especially with summer activities that aid in weight loss so you don't have to resign yourself to the gym. Millie

    ReplyDelete