Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Long Road

So, I know it has been a long time since I last posted. There is no excuse other then pure embarrassment. I am ashamed because my weight loss has been so stagnate for the past few months and I couldn't bare to let people down. I am still sitting at around 233 lbs. However, so good things have happened that will help. First, I have a job. You may not think of that as a weight loss tool, but let me tell you it is really hard to pay for personal training, a gym membership, groceries, and health insurance without one. (Plus it just takes the stress off and stress is a killer for weight loss). Another great thing is my new trainer, James. He is awesome! I have rarely had a trainer who is genuinely happy to see me at the gym and gets sick pleasure from beating me into the ground for 30 minutes; I absolutely love it!! To understand how hard he makes me work, just know that he is a Iron man competitor. He plans on competing in 30 of them next year; no that is not a typo. He knows how to work hard and it translates to his clients. He may not think I appreciate him, but it is so great to have someone that isn't training me just because they get paid but wants to see me get results. It seems to be rare in the industry and I am very glad to have it. I also have so many people around me who are very supportive and cheer me on everyday. I love it. I apologize for being off the airwaves, but I am back with a vengeance!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!! I am running the Dirty Dash on the 24th of this month. It will be my first 10K run and I am a little nervous about it. I am excited as well and it looks like a really fun run. I am also setting a goal to run the St. George half marathon next year; yikes! Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I know how hard it is. I just started working at weight loss myself. An amazing trainer makes a huge difference. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy that you're back blogging! And it sounds like you have set some great goals for yourself. Good job at maintaining, that is half the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the Dirty Dash. My friend did it last year and had a ton of fun. And never worry about disappointing; like I always tell my wife, "you will only disappoint me when you stop trying". Keep it up girl, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete